Thursday, August 10, 2017

Life is Too Short For Drama ...


Hello readers and fellow bloggers,

I typically don't make public announcements about the drama I see unfold in the Indie Author World, but I was moved to make this blog post after listening to a Mary J. Blige song, so here it goes.

My time in the indie author world has been met with a lot of fun, new experiences, unforgettable connections and unfortunately, a little bit of drama. But luckily my touch with drama hasn't been on the large scale that I’ve seen countless others go through. I hate to see it and I never engage with it.

As with everything in life, we can’t expect all unicorn and rainbows, so there is always some good with the bad, but I've learned that 99% of the bad I've encountered has stemmed from those who were in my inner circle, those I trusted and who ultimately showed me that I need to keep my circle even smaller.

I'm not the most easy to read person and I'm very direct in my communication - always have been, always will be - and that sometimes ruffles feathers, but it’s never meant to be rude, mean or insensitive. My personality is just not one that is all sugar and ice cream, but I can promise you this, if you have my back, I will always have yours. On the flip side, if I come to realize that you are one that I need to get away from, I do just that. I don't comment on your page/wall, I don't follow you, I don't plot against you. I have ZERO interest or time in that! I don’t place that much energy in my family, so I sure as hell won’t place it in someone I’ve "met" on a social media outlet who proved to be untrustworthy, power-hungry, or vindictive! My solution is and will always be this > -- > -- > I cut you out of my life and I move on. And I do it with ease. Why? Because ain’t nobody got time for that!

That said, I want to express a thousand THANK YOU's to those who have stuck with me, even when you didn't know where I was coming from, those who have fallen in love with Aria and Aiden, and those who continue to support my journey! My motto is and will always be...if you don't add value to my life, then there is no place for you in my life. So for those who are riding the Lilly Wilde Train, I hope you never jump off and I hope I’ve added some value to your life!



#LearnWithLilly #NoMoreDrama #KeepStepping #LifeIsTooShort







No comments: